is your home crying out for a facelift?
No question. The front door of any property gets the most abuse from the daily grind of life, but as well as being functional it’s also a fundamental style asset for any home. We often hear comments like “who knew a new front door could make such a difference to my home”. But often, when it comes to changing your front door one of the biggest hurdles is whether to go for a traditional or modern look. With 23 designs in the Suffolk Collection there is undoubtedly a front door design for every conceivable taste, but whether you’re a traditionalist or a modernist, a new front door is a great way to define your property.
These simple tips will guide you through to the most appropriate choice:
- Disregard what’s currently on your house when it comes to choosing a new front door, keep an open mind and consider the age and style of your property, will a modern door like the Brett enhance the features of your property or would the Assington bring our period features?
- Think about the balance of your property and whether symmetry is important, styles like the Sudbury and Ixworth are timeless classics but will also bring a pleasing symmetry to the entrance to your home.
- Enhance your door further by the addition of decorative glazing – combining etched glazing and lead-work can bring a luxurious and individual feel to your door, particularly if you want to enhance period features.
- Colour is the perfect way to bring a statement to your home without compromising the luxurious woodgrain finish of a Suffolk Collection door. You can choose from any one of our ten coloured foils, or indeed choose a bespoke colour for that extra touch of individuality. Bear in mind that your internal decoration might change over time, so keeping a white, fresh internal finish must be a consideration.
- Red, black and blue are popular choices when it comes to colour, but consider a timber-effect alternative. These wood-look finishes have come on in leaps and bounds in the last few years, easily passing for the real thing but without the maintenance.
- Talk to your local CIN retailer, they’ll be happy to show you examples of previous work and help you design an entrance door that’s perfect for you and your property.